Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
Marv is a completely inflexible coach and follows patterns of behavior that we can all  predict- like punting on the Ravens 43 with ten minutes left and down by 17. What other coach in the NFL or major college football would have done this- but I bet most if not all Bengal fans- like me- knew he would punt.

Bodine is completely awful yet they refuse to accept this fact despite game after game of him getting bull rushed and pushed back and have stuck with him without drafting any competition for 3 years longer than any other team would have stuck with him.

How many other teams would think that a player who is a disaster at RT like Og could suddenly become great by moving to the much harder position of LT?

Zeitler got a ridiculous contract for a guard. I can accept that. Letting Whit walk was one of the dumbest and most shallow decisions ever made by this team- and that is a mouthful.

I was in the seats in Nippert Stadium when they opened in 1967 and I have been completely loyal and faithful to the Bengals. But this year, the best thing that could happen is if the win 3 games or less and the stadium is empty in the last 4 or 5 home games.

Mike Brown's refusal to fire Marv a long time ago speaks volumes of what is wrong. The organization needs a complete and total shake up.

Mediocrity ( and in some cases like Bodine way worse than mediocrity) is acceptable. This will not change unless this season is a complete disaster and even then it may not change as the Bengals play out their cards until stadium lease is up.

I knew all of this was coming after the Pittsburgh meltdown in 2015 and Mike did not have the vision or courage to fire Marvin the next day. What the team did in that game was completely unacceptable and Marv needed to pay the price to get everyone else's mind straight and a new leader with new ideas with the power to hire his own staff should have been brought in .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - bengals67 - 09-13-2017, 10:50 AM