Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
(09-13-2017, 08:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There was a succession plan in place.  Cleveland was fantastic by not letting Hue leave without a deal.  They simply wanted him more and got him.  And we were left with Marv and Zamp.

One other thing that Marv said in his presser that made me want to vomit:  When questioned about punting on 4th and 5 on the Ratbird 45 with 10 minutes left in the game, down 20 points, he replied:  "We still got the ball back three more times".  Does he even realize the time component lost by that punt? Is he really that stupid?  He basically had quit right there at that point and I saw a lot of fans head to the door, and a bet a lot of them never come back.  Asshole. 

Yes. Yes he is. Over Marvin's 15 year career in Cincy, he has said some really dumb shit that you wouldn't even expect a pop warner coach to utter. 
(09-13-2017, 09:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marv is REALLY tough to gauge anymore. I believe his message is just stale and ignored anymore. He's not one of the worst HC out there today tho. He's certainly not the best, but I believe he would get another gig.

I doubt it. I don't think any team out there would be foolish enough to give him another chance at head coaching. Maybe as a DC but that's it. Other teams know exactly what Marvin is: a decent head coach during a lot of 1:00 games (excluding Pittsburgh) but a complete choke artist in the games that really count. I can't think of a single team other than Cincy that would put up with that crap. That's what makes Marvin so frustrating. We see (well, saw) what his teams are capable of on a bright Sunday afternoon. They often look like they could beat anybody. But the minute those lights get a little too bright, a typical Bungle collapse is likely on the way. 

Talent being wasted by a head coach who is mediocre at his absolute best. Hell, the window may very well be closed for this generation of players. When (if) we bring in a new coach after this season, we very well may be looking at a huge rebuild.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - Pat5775 - 09-13-2017, 10:57 AM