Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
I say Marvin is the biggest elephant in the room. The Bengals have now had 2 windows of opportunity to do something special under Marvin. The first window failed miserably and the second window looks to be closing unless the Bengals do a 180 on Thursday. At this point, I think it is obvious that we have a good core of players, but being out-coached every week has taken its toll. Not being prepared for primetime, playoff, or even divisional games has to be unacceptable after the number of years he has been here.

Zampese is a slightly smaller elephant. I never really liked the play calling of Gruden, but Hue was definitely fun to have as an OC. Crazy looking formations. Innovative ways to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers and not just forcing the ball to AJ every play. Zampese, on the other hand, seems to be very predictable in his formations and play calling. So predictable that the Ravens appeared to know the routes before they were even run on Sunday.

Another elephant I think a lot of people are overlooking is the Bengals draft department. It's one thing to miss here or there, but it seems like we have been missing on picks for the last 3 or 4 drafts. Yeah we do find marginal players in the later rounds, but our first round picks after 2012 have not been that great, especially from injuries. 2013 we got Eifert who can't play a full season. 2014 we got Dennard who has been hurt and underwhelming since returning. 2015 we got Cedric Ogbuehi and we know how that is going. 2016 we got William Jackson who was out all season. And this year we draft injury riddled John Ross. Barely touched the ball in the preseason and, of course, was hurt and out for the opening game.

For the Bengals to be out-coached every week and for 4 years of missing on draft picks has this second window of opportunity closing quickly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - CincyWestside - 09-13-2017, 10:57 AM