Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
(09-13-2017, 10:57 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt it. I don't think any team out there would be foolish enough to give him another chance at head coaching. Maybe as a DC but that's it. Other teams know exactly what Marvin is: a decent head coach during a lot of 1:00 games (excluding Pittsburgh) but a complete choke artist in the games that really count. I can't think of a single team other than Cincy that would put up with that crap. That's what makes Marvin so frustrating. We see (well, saw) what his teams are capable of on a bright Sunday afternoon. They often look like they could beat anybody. But the minute those lights get a little too bright, a typical Bungle collapse is likely on the way. 

Talent being wasted by a head coach who is mediocre at his absolute best. Hell, the window may very well be closed for this generation of players. When (if) we bring in a new coach after this season, we very well may be looking at a huge rebuild.

Every coach has their down-falls, and we don't know the entire context of what he has to deal with (does Mike Brown give him full responsibility to win, etc)). I am not convinced he would get another shot after these last few years, but when he was killing it with his playoff appearances? I believe he would of almost certainly got another shot had we fired him after the Steelers debacle. I mean you said it yourself; he can build a winner and win, but he just cannot get over the proverbial hump.  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - Hoofhearted - 09-13-2017, 11:26 AM