Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the big elephant in the room....
(09-13-2017, 03:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember thinking, ok, here we go...they will spread them out with 5 WRs and try to air it out.  Even if it didn't win the game, it would have showed some creativity, some effort....instead, we got a white flag. 

Marv has long been a conservative guy that isn't good at having his guys breathing fire in a big game, but I always wanted to give him a chance to win one because he has done a lot for this franchise.  This ended him for me.  If guys like Herm Edwards and Lovie Smith lost their jobs because they killed offenses, it is time for Marvin to join their ranks.  

The question becomes:  Who replaces him?  If you go Guenther or Simmons, is there enough change?

Simmons and Guenther are interesting candidates.

Simmons comes off as a stubborn guy during the season as we've seen little change in our ST if they're struggling. However, he'll talk about making changes in the offseason and then we actually see changes. New coverage players will be inserted and suddenly our ST units look better.

I truly can't figure out Guenther. People in the FO love him, so I'm preparing myself for the inevitable promotion. Yet he's called players out who he thought we underachieving. He talked about making changes if necessary before Marvin stepped in and said he shouldn't say things like that. Marvin did bring him in before the 05 season and he started off under Bresnehan. There were also the rumors that the reason some of the defensive assistants left after the 2015 season was because they didn't get along with Guenther. Not sure if that's true, but it's not good if it's true.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the big elephant in the room.... - Bengal Dude - 09-13-2017, 04:24 PM