Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes)
(08-12-2015, 01:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Dalton speech and/or that nonsense during the Colts game is cringingly bad, but I don't really spend my time looking at every little thing I can erroneously attribute to "leadership" (or a lack thereof) like some people do.  

Andy yelled = fiery leadership
Andy didn't yell = calm in the storm leadership
Andy pointed fingers and got in people's faces when they screwed up = holding people accountable leadership
Andy took the blame and said it was all on him = holding himself accountable leadership

Carson yelled = no control over the team, ie no leadership
Carson didn't yell = doesn't care, no leadership
Carson played golf and threw footballs at garbage cans 12 years ago = no leadership

Leadership is what you want it to be and a lack of leadership is just as arbitrary on this message board...it's downright wacky.  People who want to say a QB exhibits leadership could watch him stand on the sidelines and play with himself and convince themselves that shows he is such a total leader that he can literally wank off during a game and his team will still support him.  My god, he's such a leader!

Rep.

There have been lots of great leaders who were calm and collected.  (Chuck Noll, Roger Staubach, Don Shula) and there have been lots of loudmouth squealers that no one respected as a leader.

Leadership has to do with how the guy interacts with the rest of the team on a daily basis, not how loud he can scream before a game.  none of us really see enough to know who the real leaders are.  We know that Whit and Peko are leaders mainly because of what other say, not based on what we have seen them do at games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes) - fredtoast - 08-12-2015, 10:58 AM