Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-14-2017, 12:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I understand why many are upset about some folks getting moved to the front of the line and allowed to stay in a country where, effectively, they're already citizens. But where I struggle with his line of thinking is, that the DACA kids are lawbreakers, what does anyone expect? An elementary age kid to report to social services and say 'excuse me, but I think I'm not supposed to be here'?

These aren't people who spent 18 years cheating on their taxes or committed a felony and hid out for a couple decades. It's unrealistic to think a child is going to deport themselves.

For children under 18 you are exactly right. Those 18-36 have had 18 years to get themselves right with the law. Yes the process is a pain and inconvenient but you either follow the laws or you do not..... they could easily go back to their country and apply for a visa then move on to the green card. I do not think it's too much to ask that these people do what we expect any other immigrant to do...... the fees paid and paperwork on top of paperwork for legal immigrants is not something we should be dismissing. I'm sure every legal immigrant would have preferred to cross the border illegally if they were going to save their time and money.

Messages In This Thread
Trump to cave on DACA? - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - hollodero - 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM
RE: Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:26 PM