Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 year old in NH survives being hung from tire swing in apparent hate crime
(09-14-2017, 12:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So just seeking clarification, are you stating there has been no prejudice based violence in Belarus? Historically, or in recent years? Are you only referring to prejudice based violence against these two groups or are you making a blanket statement regarding other minority groups?

We were discussing Blacks being a 1% minorities in this town and pat claimed that racism was because there were so few blacks in this community. I was disagreeing and using Belarus as an example since it was the first place I could think of with a low black population plus Soviet states do not have best history on minorities so I thought it would be a worthwhile and fair comparison.

You mentioned Romani and Jews. Yes their history is not very well in former Soviet areas.

In defense of the treatment of gypsies. There is a scourge of gypsies that go around former Soviet Union and con children out of their families gold. It's well known and probably why violence follows them. I realize not all are stealing gold but enough are to cause issues across a wide area. local police are corrupt and often not trusted.

All this being said I don't condone violence towards gypsies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8 year old in NH survives being hung from tire swing in apparent hate crime - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 01:44 PM