Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 year old in NH survives being hung from tire swing in apparent hate crime
(09-14-2017, 02:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I swear this is a real thing lol.   I have heard enough accounts that it's actually a thing

(09-14-2017, 03:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Just like every group of people, there are those that are bad eggs. I'm not sure how common it is for the Romani these days, but there are definitely still some that take advantage of their nomadic nature to run con jobs and book it out of town.

Stereotypes are rough and can lead to terrible things, but often times they are rooted in something that really happened, even if those doing it were a small segment of the overall population.

In the area where my dad worked in PA he would talk about the "gypsies" who lived in North Carolina in the winter and then came north to work paving parking lots and the like.  They were bad news.  Always trying to scam the business he worked for to the point that if a new truck with NC plates came in they wouldn't even do business with them sometimes.

It was pretty bad and I saw it first hand for a couple summers working there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8 year old in NH survives being hung from tire swing in apparent hate crime - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 03:41 PM