Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how the Bengals win a Super Bowl...
(09-14-2017, 09:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You know, I used to think that, but I have my misgivings now. He is way too content with retaining mediocre starters whose only merit is that they are a known quantity. We saw it with Robert Geathers, we see it with Michael Johnson, we saw it with Leon Hall when he was struggling after surgeries, Cedric Benson and Benjarvus Green-Ellis both overstayed their productivity as starters.

He also just doesn't seem like a very good gauge of talent. I mean, this is the guy who called Darqueze Dennard the "best rookie corner I have ever seen" four years ago and he just made his 5th start last week and got beat for a TD. He kept a roster spot for years for people like Ryan Whalen and Margus Hunt.

I just don't see it. His acceptance of mediocrity is unacceptable in a GM. I want a GM who is only aiming for Championships, not "some good things, and some things we need to work on". That kind of attitude would permeate the entire organization like it already has with him as a HC. Need to burn, bleach, and powerwash that mediocre stench from the organization entirely, or it'll never truly stop stinking up the teams.

Once Mike Brown is gone, this team could use a good scorched earth/clean slate with all of their people from top-to-bottom. Just a 100% fresh start. It's likely not going to happen, though.

I used to think that too.  He's done a lot for this team over the years, but he's done a lot of bad.  My biggest fear would be that he would be a very controlling GM.

We don't want him to be in control.   We need a major change.  It won't happen with him anywhere in the picture.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is how the Bengals win a Super Bowl... - 3wt - 09-14-2017, 03:57 PM