Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit
(09-14-2017, 03:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Pat touched on this a good bit. For the most part, the clothing for young men is only an issue if the content is offensive or promoting illegal activity (or in some areas if there are gang concerns). The dress code for young women, however, is often much more restrictive on what they can and cannot wear. There are critiques that say that this is due to the notion that it is the role of the woman to not distract the man and that is why this is done that way and it prevents young women from expressing their femininity.

All I'm going to say is the social sciences are a good time. LOL

Let's be honest though, women have more clothing choices than men (and, yes, that includes girls and boys). Guys have pants or shorts. Ladies have that, but have dresses and skirts as well. There's more examples, but I think you get my point.

That's not to say that some dress code policies aren't fair to both genders, I would argue that a truly fair dress code will actually seem unfair to women because of the choices they have.

With that said, is it me? Or does it not seem like it's WOMEN that are more vocal and public in their critique of the way other women dress?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit - PhilHos - 09-14-2017, 04:38 PM