Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were to move...
(09-14-2017, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not heard any rumors and I'm not starting, but I was curious, if Mike Brown were to move the Bengals out of Cincinnati, which football team would you root for? Continue to root for the [New City] Bengals? Root for another team?

Honestly, if the team were to move, regardless if the owner changed, regardless if the team changed names, I'd probably take that opportunity to start rooting for the Eagles. My reason? Cause I live in their viewing area (although I may also live in the Ravens area, too, but I can't see rooting for a divisional rival). It'd be nice being able to see "my" team on TV every week instead of only nationally broadcast games.

How about you? What would you do?

It's interesting you bring this up now because I was just thinking about that a few days ago.
The NFL would have to move to either a big enough city that could draw enough interest for a second team or a city with a decent sized market that isn't too close to another.

Specifically, I could see the following cities as being good cities with as much or higher population than Cincy (2.1 mill metro pop) and trending upward:
Chicago, IL (Has two MLB teams, third-highest populated city) - 9.5 mill metro pop
Portland, OR (Closest NFL team = Seattle, 3 hour drive) - 2.3 mill metro pop
San Antonio, TX (Closest NFL team = Houston, 3 hour drive) - 2.4 mill metro pop
Columbus, OH (Closest NFL team = Cleveland, 2 hour drive) ...about same distance as Cincy to Indy, slightly lower metro population (1.9 mill vs 2.1 mill) but growing faster than Cincy

In terms of remaining a fan if the team moved, it would depend on why it moved and who was running the team. I'd lean toward not supporting the Bengals if Mike Brown still owned, but probably still be a fan regardless. If I rooted for a different team, it'd be NFC most likely. I always root for NFC in Super Bowl if/when Cincy doesn't make it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If the Bengals were to move... - PhilHos - 09-14-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: If the Bengals were to move... - ochocincos - 09-14-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: If the Bengals were to move... - jason - 09-14-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: If the Bengals were to move... - jason - 09-14-2017, 08:02 PM