Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-12-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of it is nonsense.  It is reality.  What is nonsense is your position that if everyone works hard then there will be no low paying jobs.

People who face reality know that we need a capitalist system to promote efficiency and progress.  But we also know that unregulated capitalism leads to a tiny wealthy elite class with all the money and power.  So the question is what social programs should be implemented to make sure that people who work hard have a decent living.  There will always be an upper class and a lower class.  But the upper class can not exist without the lower class, so the lower class should not be forced to suffer in abject poverty.

I know very few poor people that don't suffer from one, if not all of the following:

1) Laziness
2) Poor decision-making
3) Drug/alcohol abuse (which could be tied to number 2, I suppose)

We can't regulate those things, no matter how much we'd like to.  I'd rather be poor here than in any country in the world.  The vast majority of our poor have a house or apartment, a car, cable TV, internet, food, clothing, and health care. 

I personally think we should stop making it so comfortable for people in poverty, personally.  We do.  I'm in HR, and while working my way through the ranks of this company, I spent some time in lower-management and worked with a lot of the lower class.  I had people that passed up promotions and more hours because they would lose benefits.  Yes, you heard that right.  We have a system that discourages people from being promoted or working more hours. 

That's insanity, and quite a reflection on what these programs are really designed to do.  Keep these people on the dole, because their vote means more than their quality of life and self-respect.  It's essentially perpetual self-induced slavery.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - jakefromstatefarm - 08-12-2015, 12:43 PM