Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post game radio comments
(09-15-2017, 11:23 AM)3wt Wrote: I don't often disagree with you, but I'm not so sure this is that great a defense.  They're better than the offense, but they have gone up against two of the league's worst offenses. 

We have some great players (Geno, Burfict and Jones) and some up and comers (Willis and Lawson).   Everyone else is middling and have big holes in their game.  

Vigil is great moving laterally (coverage, getting to the ball and drag down tackling).   Vertically (hitting the gap and tackling) he sucks - whiffs almost every time and cannot shed.   Our dbs range from good (Jones) to players who cannot cover tightly, take poor angles (Dennard), can't tackle (Dre) or are dedicated to stupid friendly fire (Williams).  None of them can fight off a block - must be the worst group in the league at that. 

We got pressure on the Texans frequently.  And should have.  They are the 2nd worse outfit in the league next to us without their best player.  But we could not stop the run when it counted for the 2nd week in a row.   The scoring run from Watson was a disgrace.   He's just not that fast or nifty.  He did, however, totally outplay his veteran counterpart.

The team as a whole is a bad team.  And it's hard to identify how much of that is bad coaching (a lot I'd say) and how much are just players who are over rated.

If it's me I'd can Marvin, Alexander and Zampeze right now, promote Guenther to acting head coach and Urban to OC.

Then I'd beg/ pay - whatever it takes - Jim McNally, Munoz, big Willie and Tom House to come in here and straighten our O Line and QB out.

Then if I'm Katie I'd start making a list of who will be available in the offseason for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff - unless the temporary staff kills it.

I could not read what Dunlap wrote about complacency.   But this team needs a shake up now.    It does not need to settle down more.

The time for platitudes, excuses and Tylenol is done.  Time for major surgery.

I agree with a whole lot of this.  That said, like Collinsworth said, there is a lot of poor tackling league wide because guys don't wrap up anymore, they just look for the kill shot.  I realize we haven't faced any offensive juggernauts, but the defense has done what it's supposed to do to a lesser team.  We just can't score.  I think they've played good football, they are very young, and they've done it without that nasty mfer at LB.  They'll be instantly better when 55 returns.  I still see them as a top 10-12 unit.  I could be wrong, time will tell.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post game radio comments - BenZoo2 - 09-15-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - TSwigZ - 09-15-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - corpjet - 09-15-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - McC - 09-15-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - Au165 - 09-15-2017, 09:24 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - bengals73 - 09-15-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - 3wt - 09-15-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Post game radio comments - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-15-2017, 12:17 PM