Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Preseason Power Rankings
(08-12-2015, 02:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think #10 is certainly fair for a team that has looked like the 10-12th best team in the league 4 years running.

Kroft and Uzomah are about as scary as every other mid round draft pick in the NFL right now. Why would losing our TE1 be an improvement on offense? That doesn't even make sense.

As of right now, Jermaine Gresham is absolutely better than both of our rookies combined. The last we've heard from our beat writer, Kroft was developing and transitioning slower than expected.

I feel like we could replace half of our starters with random rookies and UDFAs and certain Bengals fans would just scream "UPGRADE!!!" purely because of baseless, hypothetical potential.

Gresham was only our #1 TE because Eifert got hurt and we had nothing else.  He hasn't been special since he got here and losing him is nothing special (which kills me because I was calling so hard for us to draft him).

Kroft looks to be a damn good and athletic tight end.  I know it's not much, but watch the leaping, one-handed grab in this video and you can see the hints of the "it" factor.  I know it's only one play, but how many players do you know can look that fluid in movements and then pull down and athletic catch like that?  Either he's very, very lucky, or he has something.

Also, being a mid-round pick is kind of a misnomer when evaluating his talent because he was the top rated TE on our board.

Uzomah appears to be developing nicely and I think he could be special if he keeps developing and improving.  

You agree on my points about our defense, though?

Our young corners stepping up, Jones looking good in camp, guys like Dawson (who I'm pumped for), Hardison, and now Derron Smith has me excited, among others.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Preseason Power Rankings - djs7685 - 08-12-2015, 08:28 AM
RE: NFL Preseason Power Rankings - djs7685 - 08-12-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: NFL Preseason Power Rankings - BFritz21 - 08-12-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: NFL Preseason Power Rankings - J24 - 08-13-2015, 04:12 PM