Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-17-2017, 08:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Congress is full of progressives and allowing these people to be citizens is a complete disaster.

I'm glad we paid our fees and followed the laws. Too bad progressives in congress and people like you want to just spit in the faces of anyone who followed the laws like us.

It's a joke and makes this country look terrible.

One, neo-liberals aren't progressives, and Congress is full of neo-liberals.

Two, I know a lot of people that have emigrated legally that are fine with this. They recognize the undue hardship it would place on recipients of DACA to go through the process of becoming legal residents in the lawful way and how doing so would be highly improbable for the majority of them. I live in one of the most diverse and rapidly growing cities in Virginia, and we have a ton of immigrants here, both legal and undocumented. I am not unaccustomed to some of the hard feelings that exist between those that came here "the right way" and those that didn't, but I don't personally know any immigrants that think it reasonable to suggest forcing DACA recipients to go through the regular system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall - Belsnickel - 09-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Trump to cave on DACA? - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - hollodero - 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM