Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-17-2017, 10:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They made my wife go back and she was back for three months before we had to get her new visa. We followed the law. We didn't stay by hook and crook.

You living in a diverse community has zero to do with the price of tea in china. These DACA people ages 18-36 have no excuse. They just refused to get themselves right for some up to 18 years. The under 18 people are something conpletely different. Their parents are the criminals.

The community I live in and my interactions with immigrants speaks to the difference of opinions among them regarding DACA from your opinion, and assuming the opinion of your wife.

You say they "just refused" to get themselves right, but this is ignoring that these people may not be fluent in the language spoken where their parents came from, they aren't going to fit in culturally (something you home spoken about many times), they may not have a status as a citizen of the country of their birth, they may not have any way to navigate the systems in that country, and I could go on and on and on. However, as this has already been pointed out several times in this thread, I know listing all of the reasons why this isn't just a "they refused to do so" is a disingenuous attack on DACA recipients and comparing their experiences to that of people like your wife that grew up in a different country and came here as an adult is inequitable will fall on deaf ears, so to speak.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall - Belsnickel - 09-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Trump to cave on DACA? - StLucieBengal - 09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - hollodero - 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - GMDino - 09-14-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: Trump to cave on DACA? - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM