Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now we get to see what Dalton is made of
(09-18-2017, 10:57 AM)BMK Wrote: I was confident that his game against the Ravens was an anomaly, and that a weak Texans team was just what the doctor ordered to bounce back in a big way, and get back on track. Didn't happen. Say what you want about the OL, he still was missing open receivers and making some poor decisions.

I still think he can adjust and play much better, (and if Dalton starts playing better, everyone will) but I'm not as confident as I was last week. 

I'm not going to try and gloss over Andy's problems - he's played like crap missing open receivers, running from light pressure, throwing into a crowd etc. And to be honest doubt is creeping into my mind and I've been a pretty solid Dalton supporter.

Having said that we basically speaking (forget the O-line woes) haven't had an offense. It has resembled a nut case in a straight jacket wearing a helmet bouncing of the walls in a padded room ! No direction, no chemistry, no form, no function. Zampese had no clue as to what to do to get some rhythm going. The players weren't executing on the field because of it ! It wasn't just one thing it was everything.

Now add in a horrible O-line and it was a recipe for disaster. Which I can't believe the coaches didn't see in pre-season and practice but that's another argument. I have no illusions that Lazor is gonna make everything all better in a week or two. But I'm hoping he can get a bit of chemistry going and turn this train wreck around.

Roll Dalton out, put the weapons out on the field, quit sitting Ross ! I remember Eifert sitting way to much and analysts talking about it back when he started. Leave Mixon in for entire series and stop this rotating backs every other play and on and on.

Give Andy a real plan it's bound to get better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now we get to see what Dalton is made of - bengalfan74 - 09-18-2017, 11:40 AM