Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(09-18-2017, 04:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Then go with Gio as the primary back, let Mixon learn nothing sitting on the bench, and use Hill sparingly then. 

The committee approach, I just dont get it because a running back needs to get more touches as the game goes on to learn the nuances of the oline and the d they are blocking. I know its a pretty generic argument to make to end the committee, but this is one of those things where a more simple, old fashioned approach so to speak, is the right way to go imo.

I mean, do RBs really have anything they can learn during games? In the offseason they can learn better pass protection and such, but for the most part RBs are what they are when drafted. They're one of the most Day 1-ready position in the league. They either have good vision, or don't. They can either make people miss, or they can't. Either they can outrun the LB or they can't. Either they have good hands, or they don't. Etc.. not much of that really seems teachable/learnable.

The only exception I can think of for a big change from what they are is if they change body types after being drafted. Like how Ray Rice and Giovani Bernard both put on 10lbs of muscle after their rookie years, and Le'Veon Bell slimmed down by losing some weight and getting some leaner muscles.

I'd go Gio for 80% of the touches, Mixon for 15% as a breather, and Hill on the 5% that are &1s and goal line situations. Gio's got the best hands and pass blocking/blitz pickup of the group so he was always going to be out there on most 3rd downs, hurry up offense drives, and drives at the end of the half and the end of the game. If Gio scuffles and Mixon makes the most of his touches, then maybe consider switching them at some time... but that's how I would start.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - TheLeonardLeap - 09-18-2017, 04:17 PM