Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout Schultz and Our Current Society
(09-19-2017, 12:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This whole ordeal has now gotten absolutely ridiculous. There were violent protests last night that resulted in two police officers being injured and a police vehicle being burned over this.

http://www.ajc.com/news/three-arrested-violent-georgia-tech-protests-after-police-shoot-student/CVfX0KeBUlTPzYLCf3KnwO/

I really don't see how this could have gotten any clear cut. There's video, with sound, of the person advancing on police with a knife and refusing to drop it after multiple prompts while shouting "shoot me". A person who's tried to kill themselves before, and left THREE suicide notes and called the police on themselves reporting that someone was walking around with a knife and a gun.

Yet apparently we need "justice" against "murderous" police and need to burn things and attack police officers (who did absolutely nothing wrong). We went seriously wrong at some point in our society where police can't even do their job anymore, and suicidal people are being turned into martyrs who were "gunned down" by police.

People get upset (overly so in some cases) because of the cases where something similar happens (someone threatens police with knife or gun/is trying for suicide by cop) and the officers who handle it manage to arrest the suspect without killing them.

Every situation is different.  But when someone dies (whether they seemed to want to or not) it causes more emotions.  And writing a suicide note and saying "shoot me" isn't justification to actually shoot them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scout Schultz and Our Current Society - GMDino - 09-19-2017, 12:53 PM