Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The loss leader of the league
I suppose I made my point about what I believe about the league and dirty dealing, but at heart I'm still a Bengals fan and not much will ever change that despite it all. 
For me it's tough to criticize coaches mainly because of how I perceive the way the league is run. If I'm right it wouldn't matter who our HC is, they're under constant pressure from the fans, players and above all the league to tow the company line because after all it is the league who has allowed them to become millionaires.
I still believe that coaches and players alike want to win. Nobody, not even the most cynical wakes up and says, 'Gee, I hope we get stomped badly today! , but if I'm correct and the league is deciding who wins and loses the company men, head coaches and owners pretty much have to swallow all pride and tow the line or be on the outside looking in. 

Now, moving on from this point?  I have no idea. It's tough to have it both ways, rooting for my team with the perceived knowledge that it's all just a rigged show. I still watch movies hoping it'll turn out the way I want. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.   I hate the idea of hoping against everything pointing towards a rigged game, but there it is. We go through this dance with many different aspects of our lives, football, politics, finances, relationships sometimes and so on. Hell, I've known people who go through lives in relationships with people who they know as fact are cheating on them and whine and cry when they find out their cheating significant other is sleeping with their best friend and still stay together.. Yeah boy! Life is fickled. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The loss leader of the league - grampahol - 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - BMK - 09-18-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-18-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - TKUHL - 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: The loss leader of the league - TKUHL - 09-18-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - grampahol - 09-19-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 03:10 PM