Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convention of States: Good or Bad?
(09-19-2017, 04:25 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You see the discussion/argument over the Second Amendment here in this thread so I say there needs to be a CoS to clarify and make bullet proof the Amendments so no questions or concerns arise 500 years from now.

But I believe we should wait until after the Mid-Terms and see if the Left can pick up some State Seats and Gov's. I do not want Republicans "Clarifying" the Constitution, there is way too much temptation to trample on people's rights.

Obama had 8 years to fix things he wanted to fix, and last I checked we still have the NSA listening in on us, hacking people's smart TVs to use them as listening devices, civil forfeiture is still rampant, Guantanamo Bay is still open, we're actually in combat in MORE locations around the world than we were earlier, and drone strikes killing US citizens. Things got generally worse as far as rights violations go, not better.

You have long since lost the illusion moral superiority that "they're the ones who trample over people's rights, not us". You both do it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Convention of States: Good or Bad? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-19-2017, 04:59 PM