Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday
(09-20-2017, 03:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: And I've already pointed out that you can get better players than Andre Smith in FA for $3 million and that $3 million can be the difference between signing or not signing a higher tier player.  You just keep repeating that line because you don't have a leg to stand on, so you're trying to use Andre as an example in an effort to spin the numbers to seem more negligible than they actually are. 

You realize the cap goes up for every team, and losing cap space to dead money puts you at a competitive disadvantage in a competitive market?  The cap went up last year, and $3 mil on one contract is still more dead money than 1/4 of the teams in the league.  Furthermore, the tv deals are the league's #1 revenue stream by a wide margin, and tv ratings for the NFL are on a steady decline.  The indicators are already there that the cap will not keep escalating at the current rate, and gambling that it will against those indicators isn't particularly smart.  This is like buying a house you can't afford banking on future raises, then losing it when those raises don't come.

That's not even the point we were discussing.  You're backtracking because it's pretty clear that your position that it wasn't a bad contract for the Rams is untenable based on the facts provided.  So, you're basically saying if you can afford it, it's not overpaying, which is completely false.  Just because you can afford to spend $20k on a $15k car doesn't mean it wasn't a bad deal.

Facts provided? Give me a ***** break. Prove your opinion that Whitworth's play is the equivalent of a $15K car is a fact. God, I'm gonna love watching that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-20-2017, 05:02 PM