Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate how safe this guy feels
(09-20-2017, 05:58 PM)thillan Wrote: I just saw this article about Marvin (skimmed through it), and thought his statement was interesting:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

I mean, I'm pretty sure almost all of us agree that this guy should be on the receiving end of this threat, and not the players lol. Just wanted to see what you think

I didn't like how he included defense and special teams in his critique. I feel they aren't responsible for the losses. Throwing all in the same pot doesn't really make any sense. I also dislike the whole universal fear is the best motivator concept. If that is so, one has to ask why players weren't that motivated before. Same goes for the concept of shame "you all killed Kenny!". That approach doesn't make much sense to me.

Then he seems to argue how the ball needs to be forced into AJs hands, even when the defense only is waiting for that. 
Somehow, so much Marvin says seems to be such an oversimplification of things, all the time. Maybe that's just what comes across through the media. But I still don't like it.

The unification of Austrian Bengals fans that is me also supports the calls for Marvin Lewis' removal. To state it here is as good a place as any.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I hate how safe this guy feels - thillan - 09-20-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: I hate how safe this guy feels - TKUHL - 09-20-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: I hate how safe this guy feels - hollodero - 09-20-2017, 11:11 PM