Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
Okay, I’m going to need this explained to me. Repeal Obomacare because healthcare should be a state rights issue or “I don’t think states should have the authority to take money from the taxpayer.”?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/static.theintercept.com/amp/so-much-for-states-rights-gop-senator-wants-to-ban-state-single-payer-in-new-health-care-bill.html

John Kennedy plans to use the most recent effort to repeal and replace portions of the Affordable Care Act to push an amendment that would bar states from enacting their own single-payer systems, he told reporters on Monday.

When asked by The Intercept on Tuesday about the status of his legislation, Kennedy said that the bill’s co-sponsors, Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Bill Cassidy, R-La., told him that the measure already bans single payer, but that he was welcome to offer his amendment either way.

“I don’t think states should have the authority to take money from the American taxpayer and set up a single-payer system,” Kennedy said. “Now some people think that that’s inconsistent with the idea of flexibility. But that’s what the United States Congress is for. I very much believe in flexibility, and I know the governors want flexibility. But it’s our job to make sure that that money is properly spent.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - Yojimbo - 09-21-2017, 10:58 PM