Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit
(09-22-2017, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sounds like poppycock to me.

Also sounds like something used to make women cover up their breasts so those poor, simple men aren't tempted!

Men like breasts.  I can dig that.

Women must cover breasts at all times because men like breasts implies men are incapable of looking beyond having sex with a woman.

All comedians and jokes aside that's really kind of sad in my view.

And that ties right back into my problem with "dress codes" that say girls can't show this or that or shorts have to be so long. It's silly. Maybe boys can learn to not focus on those things rather than women having to cover up.

While it says that my statement is "lesser agreed upon" (I admittedly heard this when I was in high school), this article discusses the question and all answers indicate attracting a mate: https://www.livescience.com/32745-why-do-women-have-breasts.html

This article also discusses how the development was for mate attraction based on evolutionary principles: Mascia‐Lees, F. E., Relethford, J. H., & Sorger, T. (1986). Evolutionary perspectives on permanent breast enlargement in human females. American Anthropologist, 88(2), 423-428.

And another: Barber, N. (1995). The evolutionary psychology of physical attractiveness: Sexual selection and human morphology. Ethology and Sociobiology, 16(5), 395-424.

Look, I'm against using this as any justification for the dress codes, but there is a lot of evidence out there to suggest that the reason humans are the only primates with permanently enlarged breasts is at least in part for the purposes of attracting a mate. Can't ignore the science.

Edit: Sorry I can't give you links, I don't know when an article is locked down or not, so I give you APA citation and if you can find an open version, good on you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit - Belsnickel - 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM