Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Tate and the TE's
(08-13-2015, 12:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd bet it's a near certainty that Tate and Peerman won't both make the 53. I'd say it's a little more likely Peerman is cut. It wouldn't surprise me if neither make the 53.

Special teams is a very important part of the game, however I think the "special teams captain" role is a bit overvalued on here. They're not going to sacrifice a mid level contributor to the O or D kinda guy for a guy who's only real role is a few snaps a game as the STC or KR.

You're right about special teams captains.  We've let several go.  But special teams are important.  I don't think Tate goes because he's a relatively reliable returner - despite occasional brain farts.   And none of the other running backs (Watson, Wilder, etc.) are good enough to displace Peerman's value at ST.  And Peerman has a 5+ yards per carry when running in the regular season.

I think both Tate and Peerman make the team.  The only way that does not happen is if Kumerow, Little or Reese is consistently great in the pre-season - and with the ones at some point, and if Alford demonstrates that he can consistently field the ball and make good decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on Tate and the TE's - CJD - 08-12-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Thoughts on Tate and the TE's - 3wt - 08-13-2015, 02:19 PM