Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-13-2015, 10:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I just want you to admit that the claim that everyone can succeed if they work hard is a lie because there are not enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one no matter how hard they work.

The reality is that there are lots of people working very hard and still struggling to makes ends meet. And they can't all advance to better paying jobs because there are not enough well paying jobs for every hard working American to have one. 

So you don't think that at companies like Walmart, McDonald's, Target, Costco, Meijer, Kroger, Wendy's, etc...that there are not members of management that came up from within the company? 

Those companies would love nothing more than to hire people for entry-level positions and promote them.  TRUST ME...I work for one of those sorts of companies.  Do you know the resources that get spent by these companies to hire management members from the outside?  The costs of this are astronomical, and we do so because we have such little luck finding good people from the entry-level positions.

Show up on time.

Work hard.

Have a good attitude. 

Doing those 3 things will find you advancing through the ranks rather quickly.

The issue is that very few adults working entry-level jobs do those 3 things.  If you're 40 years old and working a minimum wage job, 99.99% of the time it's a reflection on you rather than on the system or whatever other nonsense you want to blame it on.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - jakefromstatefarm - 08-13-2015, 02:32 PM