Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit
(09-22-2017, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I know about the other POW day. So we're going to twist him making an extra day of recognition as a bad thing? C'mon now.

You're reaching with the Generals thing. 

You're right, but one side certainly has more influence over the mainstream media. It's difficult to find news that doesn't have a left slant these days. Even in sports. PFT, ESPN, CBS are all sites/channels I've been following for years, and they haven't even bothered pretending to be neutral lately. I often click on Yahoo just to see what new ways they'll bash Trump. They literally post 4-5 bash articles every day, varying in ridiculousness.

I guess much of my frustration comes from that. I get that both parties hate each other and constantly struggle for power, but I wish the media could be neutral. I'd like to hear more about the positive things Trump is accomplishing without having to search. I'm tired of seeing a negative spin put on every move he makes. Sports media shouldn't be talking politics at all.

Part of the problem, IMO, is you report what the story is.

Right now, Trump is President. He's the story. He's making some good decisions and a lot of questionable ones. He's honoring some campaign promises, he's backing out of others. It's news because he is the POTUS. Same way as when Obama was POTUS, his decisions were examined, his commitments questioned. To me, that's where bias comes in.

If an outlet has a "negative" story on Trump, maybe it's because they're just reporting what he did or didn't do; it's up to the reader to determine if it's a good thing or bad thing. Like the wall. First it was 'I'm building a wall, and they're paying for it.' You know the progression from there. It's newsworthy because he's — from the sound of it — given up on the issue, which was a big deal to some of his constituents. It's not negative, it's just his action and how you, the media user, interpret it. Personally, I think the wall is a giant waste of money, so I view the stories as positive.

But the bias comes in with outlets that, instead of doing anything or downplaying whenever a new issue with the wall comes up, they just focus on something else... like emails or Obama or some other irrelevant issue.

And the same is true across the board. Like the 'Trump gets too many scoops of ice cream' story. Surely there was something more newsworthy. But that was one far end of the spectrum, just like the pro-Trump coverups are on the other far end. I think the bulk of news is somewhere in the middle. We just interpret it one way or the other based off our own prejudices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney: 'Busty' teen kicked out of class for wearing this outfit - Benton - 09-22-2017, 01:48 PM