Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout Schultz and Our Current Society
(09-19-2017, 01:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But it is if they also call the police on themselves saying they have a gun, and then refuse to drop a weapon while advancing on the police. Police aren't required to let themselves be potentially stabbed just because you want to suicide-by-cop.

When I was in college in 1969, I remember local police disarming PTSD-stressed veteran who had drawn knife after a traffic stop. I am not sure how they did it. I think they surrounded him and two grabbed him from behind and brought him to the ground. This was a large, powerful man too.

Is it your view that police should abandon riskier but less lethal tactics when dealing with the mentally ill or otherwise incapacitated who may be armed? Is a cop who kills someone with a gun less likely to trigger a lawsuit than one who accidentally kills with a taser?

I'm not sure why shooting Scout in the leg would be as ridiculous as shooting the tire of a speeding car, especially if he were approaching slow the police slowly.  It doesn't appear there was any attempt to use mace or maybe club the guy. How big was that knife? Some say the blade was not out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scout Schultz and Our Current Society - Dill - 09-22-2017, 11:07 PM