Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we driving McCarrons price up/down?
(09-23-2017, 09:14 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Until the offensive line is coached correctly, it doesn't matter who the Bengals start at quarterback.

Then we really should have traded McCarron for a 2nd round pick.  That's what irks me.  I'm not saying we should bench Dalton or that it would do any good, but according to our own valuations we have a young QB on the roster who is worthy of a 1st round pick that we absolutely refuse to play when our starting QB is playing like crap.

Then the argument is that our line is so bad that it doesn't matter who we start at QB...which means we should have traded McCarron for a 2nd round pick.  If your team is so bad that your QB, a position that is absolutely critical to success in the NFL, is worthless then why make your top priority having 2 QBs who can't make a difference? Half the teams in the NFL have 0 long-term starters on their roster but here we are with two of them and yet we are facing an 0-3 record.

Take THAT Jaguars, you are shuffling between Bort Bortles and Chad Henne and we have two 1st round caliber QBs! The 49ers have Brian Hoyer and are dying to spend $200 million on Kirk Cousins? The Cardinals have rusty ass Palmer falling apart and Blame Gabbert waiting in the wings? Mwa ha ha look at how QB rich we are! We can't score a TD but we have the best QB situation in the NFL, by gum!

It just doesn't add up outside of "I'm Mike Brown and I don't have to make trades if I don't want to because I'm not going to get fired."  

Trade McCarron?  No way!
Play McCarron?  No way!

What are we saving him for?  In case Dalton gets injured and we are 3-6 and need to make a run?  Meh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we driving McCarrons price up/down? - Nately120 - 09-23-2017, 09:30 AM