Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-13-2015, 02:32 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So you don't think that at companies like Walmart, McDonald's, Target, Costco, Meijer, Kroger, Wendy's, etc...that there are not members of management that came up from within the company? 

Usually relatives. Smirk

(08-13-2015, 02:32 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Those companies would love nothing more than to hire people for entry-level positions and promote them.  TRUST ME...I work for one of those sorts of companies.  Do you know the resources that get spent by these companies to hire management members from the outside?  The costs of this are astronomical, and we do so because we have such little luck finding good people from the entry-level positions.

Actually a lot just want to hire part-timers that work on the cheap to make the bottom line look good. Trust me...I've worked for more than one of those sorts of companies.

(08-13-2015, 02:32 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Show up on time.

Work hard.

Have a good attitude. 

Doing those 3 things will find you advancing through the ranks rather quickly.

Worked for me. But it certainly doesn't guarantee anything. I worked very hard and places only to be treated poorly because the boss didn't care about me...only that I worked.

(08-13-2015, 02:32 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: The issue is that very few adults working entry-level jobs do those 3 things.  If you're 40 years old and working a minimum wage job, 99.99% of the time it's a reflection on you rather than on the system or whatever other nonsense you want to blame it on.  

I think you know you are exaggerating with those statistics so I'll let that part slide.

However it an increasingly part-time economy where profit over people is the mantra you should consider yourself very lucky. And yes LUCK has a large part in what you do. Me too. I got this job because a friend of my wife's family worked here. He got fired two or three years later. I sit in his office now.

But I digress, many, MANY people work hard and have a good attitude and can't get anywhere because there is no where to go.

And many, MANY people fill service needs that you ro I would no longer WANT to do. Should we begrudge them making a living wage because of that?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - GMDino - 08-13-2015, 03:13 PM