Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Lack Of Scouts Hurting Bengals Drafts
The Bengals have the smallest scouting department in the NFL and no GM. Almost no scouting department, it is so small. Our coaches after the season go to the Senior Bowl and Combine, that's about it. The other teams have a huge advantage. Now lets look at our # 1 Draft Picks....OK, AJ Green was a home run. Kirkpatrick who we drafted injured didn't do much for years but is starting to look good. ......Now lets look at the others. Jonathan Joseph was good but we didn't pay him and he has started for Houston for a while. I guess you can add Carson Palmer gone since 2010 season playing for other teams. How about Gresham who we let go playing for Arizona. How about Leon Hall who went to Giants and is now a free agent. There is Eifert who is always injured anymore. There is Dennard who has yet to live up to the high pick. There is Ogbuehi who we drafted injured and has yet to live up to his high pick. There is WJ3 who we drafted injured and hasn't lived up to his pick yet. There is Ross who we drafted injured and hasn't lived up to his high pick yet. Then there is Zietler who Mike Brown said he will never pay a guard, as he said when he let Montoya and Steinbach go.

Now these are all 1st round picks. The Bengals seem to be striking out at the plate and the few times they make a hit, Mike is too cheap to resign them. I don't think a team can keep wiffing at the plate on their first round picks over and over and expect not to slip backwards. I might add that Hall is a free agent, and Bengals may want to consider him back on the cheap for depth we could use. Mostly though I will say again that Mike Brown is CHEAP to a FAULT. I myself think it would be cheaper to higher a scouting department the size of other NFL teams, so that some of these high priced bonus baby 1st round picks actually help your team. Of course when they prove worthy of the top pick, you need to PAY THEM, something else Mikey hates to do.

So AJ Green was a home run. Kirkpatrick seems to be becoming pretty good. Other than that our 1st round picks are not helping, either by now on other teams, or here not living up to the hype. I lay the entire blame on Mike Brown to CHEAP to hire scouts. A penny cheap and a dollar stupid as he is losing money on poor 1st round picks. This was indeed the case with Mike Brown all through the 1990's with names such as Dave Klingler. Mike's huge gaff in Bengals 50 Year History was turning down Mike Ditka offer of every Saints draft pick plus 1st round the next 2 years so Ditka could draft RB-Rickey Williams. Paul Brown or a good scouting department would have quickly taken that deal. Instead Mike Brown took Akili Smith who was highly recommended by a guy in Cincinnati with a drug store and his drug store list. Mike passed up on all these much needed drat picks to turn around the 1990's Bungles. To this very day, Mike Brown and his lack of scouts are killing us in the draft. Those looking ahead to the 2018 draft need to understand Mike Brown and no scouts will be as lame in 2018 draft. Sadly, as long as Mike Brown runs things, we will have the smallest scouting department in NFL, and that is bad news for the 2018 draft as well. How about the kicker we drafted too early this draft and he is already on another team. He never suited up for a regular season game here. That is Mike Brown in all his glory.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mike Brown Lack Of Scouts Hurting Bengals Drafts - kevin - 09-23-2017, 08:46 PM