Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-23-2017, 08:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I actually agree that he says stuff like this to rally support from his base.

I just found it pathetic that ol' Rog is so fearful of backlash from the left that he called Trump's comment "divisive" when his players kneeling and throwing up black power signs is what's causing all of this talk in the first place. And none of the talk is productive. It's just causing people to hate each other.

Can anyone tell me how all these protests are making the US better? It seems to me that all the division came from BLM and the protests, and is now conveniently being blamed on Trump. This stuff was just as bad when Obama was still in office.

These players protesting is definitely not what's causing people to hate each other. If anyone hates these players for doing it, they likely didn't like them for one particular reason or another to begin with.

As for how it's making the US better, I'd argue that anytime someone peacefully protests to bring light to injustice, it's making the country better. The division comes from the people whose nationalist idolatry is so strong that they've thrown a missive fit over some insignificant player starting a "movement" that they disagree with. The attention and butthurt has kept this all alive. Actually, it's what made it what it is.

And you're right...this stuff was just as bad when Obama was in office. It was the worst I've ever seen, I believe. Good ol' boys simply couldn't stand to see a black man rise to be the leader of the country, and it hurt their feelings even more when they saw that he was incredibly good, competent, and successful with the position.

BLM is important and history will shine well on the movement, as well as with the protesting players.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-23-2017, 09:31 PM