Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-23-2017, 10:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was speaking more in general, and not so much about Trump specifically. 

Going back to Trump's statement though - how can someone 'disrespect the flag' by exercising their constitutional right to peacefully protest? Isn't that very flag the symbolic representation of that right, along with all the other freedoms we enjoy?

BTW brother, I'm not on any political side either. I'm fed up with the left and the right.   Whatever

I get what you're trying to say. Kinda. That said, if we don't view kneeling for the anthem as disrespectful, how about burning the flag? Turning your backs on soldiers? Seems like a slippery slope to me. Why bother honoring anything anymore if nothing is sacred? I don't think there should be laws against such protests. That would be un-American. Should employers stand for it? Or allow employees to use their jobs as a platform for such protests? That's a different story, and it wouldn't violate any rights if employers decided not to stand for such behavior.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Shake n Blake - 09-23-2017, 10:44 PM