Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-23-2017, 10:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get what you're trying to say. Kinda. That said, if we don't view kneeling for the anthem as disrespectful, how about burning the flag? Turning your backs on soldiers? Seems like a slippery slope to me. Why bother honoring anything anymore if nothing is sacred? I don't think there should be laws against such protests. That would be un-American. Should employers stand for it? Or allow employees to use their jobs as a platform for such protests? That's a different story, and it wouldn't violate any rights if employers decided not to stand for such behavior.

Did you know that printing flag paper plates, napkins, and cups is disrespectful per US law? How about embroidering the flag on something, or using the flag in a design for clothing of any sort? Carrying it horizontally, like they do at some opening ceremonies is disrespectful, and so is using it in advertising.

These are things that are against the US Flag Code, and IIRC, specifically in the section for respect for the flag. The line is a subjective one drawn wherever each individual takes offense. Each person is going to have their own opinions on these things. Hell, I could make arguments that the way the flag is respected by many in this country would be idolatry. This includes the pledge made to it that makes use of God's name in vain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Belsnickel - 09-23-2017, 11:22 PM