Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-23-2017, 10:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get what you're trying to say. Kinda. That said, if we don't view kneeling for the anthem as disrespectful, how about burning the flag? Turning your backs on soldiers? Seems like a slippery slope to me. Why bother honoring anything anymore if nothing is sacred? I don't think there should be laws against such protests. That would be un-American. Should employers stand for it? Or allow employees to use their jobs as a platform for such protests? That's a different story, and it wouldn't violate any rights if employers decided not to stand for such behavior.

Respect for the government went out the window a long time ago. It's hard to respect a lawmaker that lobbies hard against healthcare reform while sitting in his house paid for by pharma. It's hard to respect a governing body that gives millions of tax dollars to a company so that they can automate and get rid of jobs that paid those taxes.

American lawmakers, by and large, are doing what's in their best interests. Both sides. when someone speaks out against that, they lead people into calling it in-American.

(09-23-2017, 11:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We need to stop thinking of this as just them speaking out in public. They are on the job and this is a workplace decorum issue.

If the employer is ok with them acting like a bunch of fools then that's on them.

In this instance, they have. But the far right media and pro-government folks like Trump and the far right are making an issue out of it.

1. Guy doesn't like what the government does
2. Guy peacefully makes statements about it
3. Far right media freak out, badger the issue until the guy losses his job
4. People talk about it, pro-government folks call the guy unpatriotic
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - Benton - 09-24-2017, 09:44 AM