Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-24-2017, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And I will have further disrespect for those that do; as it proves to me why they are kneeling and it will have nothing to do with the original intent.

As I have said Trump should have addressed the matter in a more executive manner and for this I have lost a measure of respect for him. Any player that trivializes a salute the Nation to show they are mad about what he said will likewise lose a measure of respect in my book.

I will have respect for those that stand for their Nation and deal with their political ideologies in other ways.   

I somewhat agree with you.  

I think if/when there is an uptick in protests this afternoon, it will be more of a big FU to the president than anything else.  I hate his guts as much as anyone, but do not believe that disrespecting the anthem is an acceptable way of disrespecting him.  He is so far removed from the good that that flag/anthem represent that it's almost comical.  He does not deserve to be linked with it for the purpose of protest or anything else.  

The flag and anthem are symbols of national pride and self-sacrifice.  Our current president is New York tabloid dumpster trash. The flag is about men and women who have given everything to make this country what it is. Trump has never given anything for anyone other than himself. He's a walking upside down flag.  If players want to react to his childish stupidity, they should be creative and find another way that is both effective and provocative.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - samhain - 09-24-2017, 11:13 AM