Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
(09-24-2017, 11:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I partially agree with you on this. The protest now is going to be about Trump, and not about the issues of police brutality and race inequality that started it all. I won't lose any respect for those that protest, though. If they feel a reason to protest, then whatever.

(09-24-2017, 11:13 AM)samhain Wrote: I somewhat agree with you.  

I think if/when there is an uptick in protests this afternoon, it will be more of a big FU to the president than anything else.  I hate his guts as much as anyone, but do not believe that disrespecting the anthem is an acceptable way of disrespecting him.  He is so far removed from the good that that flag/anthem represent that it's almost comical.  He does not deserve to be linked with it for the purpose of protest or anything else.  

The flag and anthem are symbols of national pride and self-sacrifice.  Our current president is New York tabloid dumpster trash.  The flag is about men and women who have given everything to make this country what it is.  Trump has never given anything for anyone other than himself.  He's a walking upside down flag.  If players want to react to his childish stupidity, they should be creative and find another way that is both effective and provocative.  

Well, why not both?

Seems most NFL players didn't copy the kneeling.  A few did.  Whatever.

But since chanting USA and demanding loyalty seem to be a requirement to be in politics these days it rubbed a few people the wrong way.  (Snowflakes?)

And once the POTUS weighed in in his own "special" way it was inevitable that the NFL players would support one of their own.  So if they are protesting Trump, so be it.  

I'd bet Melania's wardrobe budget that it doesn't go longer than a week if the POTUS can keep his mouth shut.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive" - GMDino - 09-24-2017, 03:16 PM