Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
I can't believe I have to actually explain this.....

Proper Girls:

Mom sets the example on how to conduct themselves, how they dress, how they act in private and public, how they speak, etc.

Dad sets the example on how boys should treat them, opening doors, pulling out chairs, listening to them without interruption, the way they are spoken to by the opposite sex.

Be more accepting rather than judgemental of others. Constructive criticisms are ok if properly framed. Be able to see others limitations for what they are, and offer them kindness.

Be gentle, learn to have that gentle touch in all aspects of life. ... And don't be afraid of being vulnerable, it's part of life and no matter how tough you act you will never avoid getting hurt.

----------

Now in relation to countless comments.

Clothing: they wear what mom wears. They model her as they should. So they have pants and shorts they play outside in, they also have dresses when we go out. ** do they wear dresses all the time: NO, but that's what they like to wear because that's what mom wears **

Toys: they like dolls, stuffed animals, electronics and jigsaw puzzles.

Activities: oldest- violin and music. Youngest - Rythmic gymnastics and other active things. They often will run with me for as long as they can when I exercise. I will do a mini run for them and take them home then finish. Youngest wants to learn how to shoot. But wife doesnt like that at all as 5 is not the age we want to encourage that, we have looked into letting her try archery. (Still in discussion and we are trying to figure out when she should try and if she has time)

Education: they will do standard things. We will augment as needed with what we feel isn't being addressed. And we will encourage them in areas they are excited about, currently oldest wants to be a doctor and youngest want to be an attorney. Mind you they are 7 and 5.

Social life: they have friends, our policy is that we personally meet the friends parents. So we can see what to expect. A lot of their friends are in their activities or from church. Which we encourage.

Not sure if I left anything out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - StLucieBengal - 08-13-2015, 06:25 PM