Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes)
(08-13-2015, 06:30 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: A leader is someone who people respect and trust.  That respect could come out of fear, or adoration, or some other qualities.  

If his teammates don't respect or fear Dalton, there's not much that he can do to overcome that other than earning that through his play and how he carries himself.  

Being more vocal is meaningless if people don't respect him.  Coaches "lose their team" for much this same reason.

Agree, and even on the admire part, people still aren't going to follow you as a leader, at least on a football field, if they don't fear letting you down or fear being called out.

The "ra-ra, let's have a party with balloons and cake" may work for an office when they reach a sales number or some other milestone, but a football team needs to look at the QB and think "that's my General and I better not let him down or else I'm letting everyone down.....   he'll lead us to victory."

Being nice and friendly is great off the field, but on the field, it needs to be foots in asses.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes) - BFritz21 - 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM