Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-13-2015, 07:25 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Where do you come up with the idea that labor is only a fraction of the cost?  Labor in MOST cases is the largest expense an employer has. 

Before I move on, I'll give you some specifics.  When I was running a store, our annual sales averaged roughly 2.8 Million Dollars per year.  Our average pre-tax profit was roughly 9%.  That's about $250,000 of profit before taxes, on 2.8 Million Dollars in sales. 

Now say they were to increase their labor costs by 50% (minimum wage from $8.00 to $12.00) per hour.  Our average labor costs (including taxes, overtime, FICA tax-matching, etc...) were roughly 30%.  Increasing it by $4.00 assuming the same sales and no cuts in labor hours would take the labor costs from $840,000 per year to $1.26 MM per year. 

This kind of stuff is exactly why the McDonald's in France have touch screen kiosks that you order from.  

If you ever really ran a store you would realize that 100% of your employees were not making minimum wage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - fredtoast - 08-13-2015, 07:42 PM