Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(08-13-2015, 07:49 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Should I expect the Store Manager with 10 years of experience and a $40k salary to not ask for a raise when someone could walk in the door and earn $31k per year as a regular employee?

After you set a minimum wage then let the market decide what an employee is worth. Personally I don't see why CEOs now get paid 300 times what the average worker makes when things worked just fine back in 1965 when the CEOs only made 20 times more.

If minimum wage is $12 an hour that is only $24K a year. If a manger is twice as valuable as an entry level worker then pay him $48K a year, but if he really is not producing twice the profits of an entry level employee than don't pay him twice as much. If you are managing your store properly then he should not be able to leave and get paid a lot more for the same work some place else. Let the market set the wages above minimun wage instead of just letting people say "I am worth this much". Pay an employee what he is worth instead of what he thinks he is worth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - fredtoast - 08-13-2015, 08:13 PM