Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis - The Ultimate Catch 22
(09-25-2017, 11:12 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: No. It's not a catch 22.

What we are seeing here is Marvins team. Based on a lot of things I've read about over the past few years, I truly believe Marv has the vast majority of control now. I believe that Mike Brown has taken a significant step back and is almost a non factor these days. The players, the plays, the staff, all handpicked by Marv.

Marvin Lewis is far and away the biggest problem this team currently has. And what scares me the most is how much control he has... Would the Brown family be willing to let go of their de facto GM/Head coach? And would they be willing to give the next HC just as much control right from the start, or will they have to spend several years earning the family's trust? That all remains to be seen.

So no, I wouldn't say it's a catch 22. Getting rid of Marvin would be a huge step in the right direction. Granted the team could make a shitty hire to replace him but I'm beyond ready to take that chance. We know what we're going to get with Marvin: winless in the postseason, losing 3/4 of the time in Primetime games, second half collapses and a complete lack of "journalist jargon", being the steelers bitches, confusion on how timeouts work, and pathetic giggling through every press conference Rolleyes

It's way past time to move on.

So you think Marvin was like leave Whitworth and Zeitler leave even though we had $21.6 million in cap space???
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis - The Ultimate Catch 22 - THE PISTONS - 09-25-2017, 11:14 AM