Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis - The Ultimate Catch 22
Marvin will go down in history as the single greatest Washington Generals HOF coach. It's my belief that it's by design. I think if Marvin were head coach of any big market team they'd consistently win in the post season, but he accepted the role of Washington Generals type coach in exchange for job security. It was never intended for Marvin to make this team into a true contender, but rather the team that facilitates winning for big markets where the real money is at. 
Think about that a moment. Say that YOU suddenly were in charge of making sure that the league made money. Would you make sure that the teams with the lions share of the fan base won or gamble with small markets with much smaller fan bases? I'm no financial genius, but even I would insure that at least one small market franchise would NEVER overtake the big market franchises and would make sure that team had a coach who understands that simple financial arrangement.. I think Marvin understands it and has been wildly successful in doing so. 
That's not conspiracy theory stuff, it's business 101. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis - The Ultimate Catch 22 - grampahol - 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM