Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be Mike Brown's last year?
(09-26-2017, 02:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You're right, it wasn't. Marv fully expected Whitworth to come back and when that assumption bit him in the ass, he made a desperation signing with a familiar face in Andre Smith. Marv was never too keen on giving Zeitler an extension for reasons I'll never understand. Granted, I don't think we should have matched the absurd amount Cleveland offered him but still. He was a talented lineman, show some effort. But who else were we going to sign once whit and Zeitler were gone? I'm honestly asking because I don't recall a significant amount of effective FA OLineman available... And there wasn't much in the draft either IMO.

Marv and Paul decided to roll with the young draft picks and we're paying for it dearly. I believe they thought (well, hoped) they would improve enough to be a serviceable oline. 

They did address the Oline in the 2015 draft, but the draft picks are simply not working out.

So you think Marvin decided not to extend Zeitler? It's Bengals Management. They're the ones that pocket the money that is not spend. No way would a coach care about that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could this be Mike Brown's last year? - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2017, 02:17 PM