Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread
(09-26-2017, 03:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Alexander provides some continuity for the rest of the season. By "blowing up" the system you are basically going to have 11 players on the field running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This season is gone and instituting a new system with all new coaches basically tells the players, "You suck. Now, learn a new system and playbook mid-season and win!" How does they motivate anyone?

The rest of the season can be used for positive change and development. Current system or new system they aren't going to the playoffs but I would still like to see if they can compete "if" they execute. We saw a glimmer in the 1st half.

I wouldn't worry about Alexander being shown the door. Any new coach will clean house.

Marvin didn't.  Because he couldn't.  PA was the crazy ol' caretaker who came with the house.

You're telling the players they suck.  You're telling them the system sucks.  Sooner or later, the faulty system has to go.  No better time than the midst of a lost season.

Who cares about competing?  That hurdle has been crossed.  Competing is a given.  This group, if it hasn't happened already, is running out of time.  Give them a better system and better decision makers and see what they can do with them.  Playing for Marvin for your whole career is cruel and unusual.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread - McC - 09-26-2017, 04:05 PM