Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macron: EU needs joint budget, joint military.
(09-27-2017, 12:12 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I would say that the flakier the U.S. acts about NATO, the more the Europeans will want their own defense force. Putin is against both. If NATO goes, EU Army is almost assured. That would actually save the U.S. taxpayers some money in the short-term. But if we stay committed to NATO, the chances of a European Army are slim.

Either way, Putin won't get his way.

I was scrolling down and was going to post something similar. The reason the EU military is being talked about more, now, is because they don't feel like they can be as reliant upon the US via NATO to help fend off Russia or other external threats.

Here are a couple of thoughts from me on this:

A better German military doesn't scare me with the current government. With nationalists like AfD at the helm? That would concern me more.

All of this talk about the EU pulling their weight in their own protection that we see coming from Trump supporters is essentially asking for exactly this. You want them to stand on their own? Then let them do it and stop bitching. You can't have it both ways. Either shut up and let them do their thing or continue being the neo-con/lib you are and play nice with them like we have been for decades.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macron: EU needs joint budget, joint military. - Belsnickel - 09-27-2017, 12:35 PM