Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO
(09-28-2017, 05:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is super simple. Unless the OL gets a MAJOR upgrade taking a QB is pointless.

I am just changing out ONE pick for conversation.

Instead of having John Ross on the roster we would have Deshaun Watson.

To your point though, the O-line has to be Upgraded.
The first O-lineman to go last Draft was with pick #20. Tackle Garett Bolles to the Broncos.

A case could be made that trading down for picks and taking an O-lineman may have been a better move than Drafting John Ross who is a receiver. The Bengals probably could have gotten a lot for that 9th overall pick in a trade down. I would have preferred that to the John Ross pick although Ross still has the potential to have an impact.

Based on what you said, the O-line should have been the priority and not a QB or wide receiver.

Is it safe to say then that you would have preferred a Trade Down for picks and Draft some offensive lineman versus taking receiver John Ross ?

We could have gotten Buffalo's deal with the Chiefs for 1st round pick #27 and 3rd round pick #91 plus a 1st rounder in 2018.

I'm starting to like that Trade Down deal the more I think of it, maybe even better than taking Ross or Watson at pick #9.

Has me rethinking some..    Wink

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case building for taking Deshaun Watson over John Ross in Draft - 1st round REDO - depthchart - 09-28-2017, 06:02 PM