Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny Trevathan hit on Davante Adams - what if it were Burfict?
(09-29-2017, 12:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am not normally a Conspiracy Theorist, however, I do think that the NFL Commissioner has a Hierarchy of Owners that he has favorable relationships with. It appears to me, and I could be wrong, that the Rooney Family of the Steelers is closer to Roger Goodell than say Robert Kraft right now. The Rooney Family may be in the TOP 5 of Owners closest to Goodell. Mike Brown may be near the bottom of the pack.

That "closeness" could easily mean influence with Goodell and Burfict has injured some of the Steelers top players the past few seasons.
I'm of the opinion that the Rooney Family has Goodell on High Alert when it comes to Burfict and the Rooney Family will use their influence with Goodell to push Burfict out of the league as quickly as possible. They will have a "Hair Trigger" to punish Burfict every chance they get and may apply a different Standard to him due to the Hierarchy of Owner influence on Goodell. Steelers being near the top and Bengals ownership near the bottom in influence. Any organized group of people will have unofficial hierarchies of those closer to versus less close to that group's chosen leader. People influence other people and connect with some in the group more than others and the NFL may be no different.

Am I way off base and just being paranoid here or do any of you agree that the Rooney Family has this influence with Goodell as it pertains to Burfict ?

No, you're not.  The Rooneys helped good ol Rog' get his gig, and Dan Rooney was even the one to come to his hotel room and tell him the news that he had been appointed commish.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Danny Trevathan hit on Davante Adams - what if it were Burfict? - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-29-2017, 12:57 PM